Singles Out Loud

Monday, February 12, 2007

Welcome Letter

Why a blog for Christian singles (women, that is)? That was my second question the morning I awoke and felt the Lord impress on me the need to blog. My first question was "What's a blog?" For confirmation that this was truly a prompting from the Holy Spirit and not a hallucination, I asked the Lord to show me more about what blogging was all about.

He was faithful and a few weeks later, I received an email about a session on blogging which I then attended. Apparently, there are alot of exciting things in the busy blogosphere!

Anyway, so back to the question, why a blog for Christian singles - especially for those of us who have never been married? When I first got the prompting for a blog, I surfed the internet for blogs by Christian singles, but I found only dating sites. But, that's not to say there aren't any out there, so if anyone out there knows of some good Christian singles blogs, I'd love to know!


So why would the Lord want a blog for us single gals? Maybe Christian singles need to get together - even if it's only in cyberspace – to encourage and pray for one another. A couple of friends and I do just that and let me tell you, it makes a world of difference! We share our funny and sad stories, our fears; we pray and hold each other accountable. We may not be able to do that with other Christians in person, but we can certainly take advantage of this new blogosphere to connect.

So, I can’t do this alone! No way. I'd like to invite you to share your ideas in the comment section on what you would like to see in Singles Out Loud. Guest bloggers? What topics? Book reviews? What topics? Funny dating stories? Interviews with famous singles? What to do when you're feeling lonely? How to have fun alone? Preparing for Marriage? Why are we still single?


GET CONNECTED!!!!!
Myrna at 2:36 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wondefully refreshing. Thanks we needed this!

mizzbee

February 14, 2007 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God we are not alone! Just when I thought that I was finally going to give up the hope of meeting someone and just immerse myself in busyness with work activities, I get a bite on the online dating scene.
It's almost to the point that I don't even want to play the game anymore and just tell the Lord, "if you have someone for me, please deliver him to my door with a bow on him and directions as what to do with him"
God give us strength!!!

February 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home