Singles Out Loud

Friday, February 23, 2007

Fun for Singles

What are you doing for fun this weekend? Nothing, you say? Why? Errands to run, family obligations or ministry commitments? Well, that's all important, but what are you going to say when a guy asks you what you like to do for fun? Make him yawn?I can tell you if a guy told me he only did these things, he wouldn't even register on my Richter scale.

Too cold to go outside, you say? Well, then start wiggling those extra winter pounds to an invigorating salsa tune from Marc Anthony. No money? Go to your Border's bookstore and enjoy your private concert underneath those headphones available in the music department. Get out and play!

Just because we're single, doesn't mean we're dead. There are so many fun things to do, even alone. Tomorrow, for example, I'm going to a flower park to enjoy nature and take some photos. I love photography! Tonight, I'm getting together with some friends for a pot luck dinner. This gives me a chance to "play house" while I host and entertain. Then, I'm going to dinner with some gal friends on Saturday. Admittedly, this isn't a typical weekend for me, but I always do try to schedule fun at least one day during the weekend.

From what I have observed, once you get married, your time is no longer your own. You'll have to continuously negotiate how you share it. Let's take advantage of the gift of time that single hood offers and do all the things we've always dreamed of doing (I suspect that married people secretly envy us for our gift of time).

We don't have to go out just to meet guys. Just play....

Now, what did you say you were doing this weekend? How about sharing it with us? It might just inspire someone out there.

Enjoy your play time!
Myrna at 1:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home