Singles Out Loud

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Looking for Mr. Right

"Let it not be said that she didn't try or that she was not persistent." That is what I think they may say at my eulogy.....many, many, many years from now, of course.

So this week I took it easy and decided to "hang" and check out places where there may be fish - as in guys. Let's see, where would my mate hang out? Since he's a man of faith, he would probably be growing in knowledge and understanding of such matters, so I went to Fuller Seminary's bookstore/coffeehouse to sit and read and wait - a clever technique I learned from the paparazzi (See Where to Wait for Mr. Right, March 12, 2007).

After an hour and a half of sitting next to two men discuss intellectual principles and philosophies about other intellects who have written inordinate theories about God, my eyes began to droop. No, my future husband wouldn't be sitting intellectually massaging theological formulas. He would be moving in the love of Christ touching hearts and minds in Argentina or some faraway place which would explain his long absence in my life.

Or, he may be growing in his knowledge of financial stewardship. So, I went to a real estate investor's event. There was a mixed crowd, but no signs of him there either. However, I did come home with lots of info for my financial future.

Later in the week, I stopped by NYPD Pizza Restaurant in Burbank. Lots of testosterone there, but gosh, just a bit too brawny for me. Can't say I walked away empty-handed, though. A couple of extra pounds of me followed alongside me...and they continue to stalk me.

Debbie, a former single, wrote in (See Where Are the Fish, May 4, 2007) suggesting I go back to internet dating sites and you can see why I have to.

Stay tuned for more on that fishing expedition!

Labels:

Myrna at 10:38 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Dave and I am an incredibly handsome, brilliant, uber-godly single man with a vast range of interest, who is also charming, funny and wild - I think I've seen you at all these places. Expectations to high? You forgot to check me out. Perhaps one of these days we will bump into each, in the real world as I don't internet date, and we will fall madly in love with each other knowing that two perfect people had somehow been miraculously linked by the Holy Spirit for matrimony. Then, on to perfect kids...I simply cannot wait! Well, apart from the tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, please let me encourage you to be at peace in the strength and grace of God over your hopes for a husband. I do sincerely bless you and pray that God will speedily bring a man in to your life to share prayer, service, life, love, the trials and triumphs with. Ny the way, I am far from all the above - but am pretty close...lol. Blessings - Dave

May 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Thanks for your encouragement! As in any journey, there are ups and downs. Truth be told, for the most part, I"ve absolutely enjoyed my single life. Think when we focus on something too much, we begin to forget the blessings of what we do have.

May 14, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home