Singles Out Loud

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Search Goes Back to Internet Dating Sites

With a strong dose of humor, singlehood can be such an adventurous experience!

For fun - and without having to pay (yet) - I am on a few trial runs with Christiancafe.com, relationships.com, loveandseek.com and match.com. How will I juggle the overwhelming responses on all these sites? It's really not that hard when you consider what's out there. It only takes a second to gasp out loud at some of the photos.

Take for example, a bald 47-year-old guy (who looked more like 57). In his first photo, he was wearing a shirt and pants. The second pic showed him topless and then, I should have guessed. The third photo had him sporting speedos! Wish I had Ajax to remove that mental imprint that's been haunting me ever since!

But there is hope. I spotted a Jesus-friend who was quite handsome, had a Master's degree, a lovely home with a backyard that looked like a golf course, was a former U.S. Army Airborne Ranger and appeared to be a world-traveller ( a pic of him in Venice to prove it). The frosting on the cake was his terrific and catchy write-up. I like that. The catch? He's been stationed in Iraq for the past two years and is home on the opposite end of the country for only three months. He's in one of the most dangerous parts of Iraq. Go figure! Well, maybe I should pray about this? You never know. Or is it the non-commital me attracted to the far-away ranger?

Labels:

Myrna at 9:52 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would imagine many women like the adventurous type of guy, fun, daring, refreshingly attractive, etc., etc. (I'm part of this group of women.)

I think he's like all other men who've gone off to war - they want someone back here to wait for them. Who wouldn't look forward to a loved one or "someone special" to think about when on the front lines or working behind the scenes in "hot spots" around the globe?

Go for the Ranger, girlfriend!

June 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home