Singles Out Loud

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This Is Our Story: Mike & Jenny - Part I

She a widow at age 39, He a bachelor who had vowed never to touch another woman's lips til they touched his wife's...they finally did at age 46.

This is a story of God’s faithfulness. It’s the story of Mike and Jenny, set apart for God’s purposes.

I, Mike, vowed that my lips would never touch another woman’s lips….. Until they touched the lips of my bride. Set aside for God’s best, I waited…….I waited, sometimes with loneliness at my side.

Years passed. During that time, I was being changed from the inside out……..from a guy who lived an abundant life in the world…….. To a guy who was learning to live the more abundant life…….. Which is in Christ. I began to walk with God and to realize that He had the perfect wife for me. So, I waited …….and prayed, “Lord, prepare me for her and prepare her for me.”

During my wait, I saw three presidential elections ……and y2k come and go. Still, I waited …stretched in patience. I waited 12 long years.

Bring her into my life, I prayed. Many women surrounded me, but I cared only for the one – my wife.

So…….. I waited.

I, Jenny, have seen the hand of my Redeemer lift my veil of tears. A widow. ...In the wake of death, I saw the face of reconciliation. “Go, begin anew,” it said.

A mantle of prayer was my cloak of comfort. Saints gathered round me and I found that I was not alone. We will carry you, they said. He - the Lord - will carry you. And in my weakness, I leaned on His comfort, often made flesh in my brothers and sisters.

At the cross, I met my King. He was enough. At the cross I began to sing. Tunes of sadness became songs of deliverance. So broken …..who could make anything of these many pieces……..but Jesus, my King.

At the cross, He lifted my head and in the mirror of His eyes, I found who He created me to be. So, I clutched to His promises of redemption and restoration.

At the cross, even then you were there. But, I called you friend – Mike – my brother. I even prayed for your wife. I saw Christ, my king in you. But, I called you friend. I called you brother.

Tomorrow, Part II.....

Labels:

Myrna at 3:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home